Welcome to Camp419!
Camp419 is the children’s ministries department of Poplar Creek Church. Our mission is to help kids follow Jesus in a loving and safe environment that supports and aligns with the whole church mission to Love God, Love Others, and Love Life.
We provide 3 unique and age-appropriate environments for your kids:
Safety & Check-In
It is our policy that all children birth through 6th grade arrive at check-in with a parent/guardian to register for the day. At check-in, each child will receive a computer generated name tag and the adult will receive a matching ID label with a randomly generated code that matches the code on your child’s name tag. This ID label allows us to get a hold of you in the service if there is an emergency. Also, whomever picks up the child needs to have the ID label with them. The safety of our children is a top priority because we LOVE our kids.
In concern for the schedules of our wonderful volunteers who are serving in Camp419, please help us in these areas. Camp419 will be staffed 15 minutes prior to the start of services. If you arrive before that, it is your responsibility to supervise your children. Also, at the dismissal of service, please come pick-up your child from their class. Then, feel free to socialize as long as you would like!
We understand that our building is a second home to many of our children, and we love that! However, this is a public building, and we want all of our kids to be safe. So, when children are not checked into Camp419, we ask that all children 6th grade and under be supervised by a parent/guardian.
When there is an event in the building and childcare is not provided, children are not to be in rooms or hallways unsupervised. This could lead to complicated insurance issues that we really want to avoid. Please keep your children with you in the event. Because we are incredibly grateful for all of the wonderful equipment on our stages, we need to keep all kids off of the stages in the main worship center, youth center, and in the children’s big room. Thank You!
First Time Visitor Check-In
- Start at the Nursery check-in counter where our team will register your family and begin the check-in process.
- You’ll receive a name tag for your child and a matching ID label with a randomly generated code that matches the code on your child’s name tag.
- Please place the sticker on the child’s back and hold on tight to the ID label. That is your clearance to show our Volunteer Team that you are authorized to pick up your child.
- After service, please show the ID label to your child’s Volunteer Team Member and you’ll be good to go!
- Once your family is registered, future check-in can be done by yourself before services on one of the tablets at the nursery check-in counter by entering the last four digits of your phone number and selecting which kids you’re checking in.
- If you lose the ID label, please notify a Volunteer Team Member who will verify your identity at check-out.
Frequently Asked Questions
All Sunday programming is FREE of charge. Our Wednesday evening kids clubs cost $15 per child for the school year, September-May.
To attend preschool classes, your child needs to at least be in the process and able to toilet by themselves. No assistance is given. Parents are called out of service/class if their child has an accident or needs toileting assistance. For VBS, every participant must be 3 and potty trained by the start of the event.
We do provide snacks in our toddler, nursery, preschool, and elementary rooms. If your child has a food allergy, it appears on their check-in label, and we do our best to monitor their snacks. The kids’ wing is a peanut-free environment. Students with food allergies are encouraged to bring their own snack.
At this time, we do not have a department dedicated specifically to children with special needs, but we do our best to meet the needs of every child in our care.